Saints of the 9 of august
Saint Teresa Benedicta of the cross (Edith) Stein, Lady of the order of the Discalced Carmelites and martyr, who, born and educated in the Jewish religion, after having taught philosophy for several years among great difficulties, received by baptism the new life in Christ and developed it under the veil of religious, until in time of a hostile regime to the dignity of man and the faith She was banished and jailed, dying in the gas Chamber of the concentration camp of Oswiecim/Auschwitz, near Krakow in Poland.
In the place of Maserfield, later called Oswestry in his honor, in the region of Shropshire, in England, saint Oswald, martyr. Being King of Northumbria became illustrious of weapons, but more inclined to peace, spread with decision the Christian faith in the region, and in a battle against the pagans, was killed by the hatred of these against Christ.
- Saint Fedlimino of Kilmor
- Saint Nateo of Achad
- Blessed Candida Maria of Jesus Cipitria
- Blessed Claude Richard
- Blessed Falco of Palena
- Blessed Florentino Asensio Barroso
- Blessed Germán Garrigues Hernández
- Blessed Guillermo Plaza Hernánde
- Blessed John of Fermo
- Blessed John of Salerno
- Blessed Richard Bere and companions
- Blessed Rubén of Jesús López Aguilar and his six companions